Assistant Manager – Café
ScandiKitchen is seeking to employ an Assistant Manager – Café, to its shop by Oxford Circus, London.
Start: early October 2020.
We are ScandiKitchen – a café and Nordic grocery shop located just off Oxford Circus in London. We are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to join us full time as our lovely Wilma is moving back to the Nordics.
In this role, you will be the right-hand person to Riina, our Store Manager. In particular, you will focus on running the Kitchen primarily as well as supporting Front of House. This role initially has a specific focus on food production, although it is definitely an all-round role and a great opportunity to learn how to run a café/deli.
In this role you will be:
- Managing our great team across the areas (Front of house, Kitchen and Retail) together with the Store Manager.
- Make excellent coffee and ensure the team maintain standards.
- Support the Kitchen Supervisor and kitchen team actively day to day and play a very active role in the food production and catering.
- Take care of our café visitors and ensure the team provides excellent customer service in all areas.
What you look like:
- Previous experience of working in a café kitchen and front of house
- Experience of managing people.
- Experience of food production preferred.
- Can make coffee to a confident level.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A committed team member with a positive, cheerful outlook.
- Able to work under pressure and cope with busy situations.
- Attention to detail essential.
- A Nordic language is really helpful in this role, but absolutely not essential. Great management and people experiences is more important – as is a passion for making food.
Hours of work: 5 days a week, with at least one weekend day required most weeks.
This is a salaried role.
This role is scheduled to start in October 2020 and is permanent. It is essential that you can work during the festive season – especially on the 23rd December all day as this is one of the busiest days. However, you will not be required to work Christmas as we’re closed 24th Dec until 1st Jan for the holidays.
As this role is in a customer facing environment, you will be required to work under Covid-19 restrictions to keep you and customers safe, which includes shields, masks and Perspex screens plus adhering to our Health & Safety rules.
To apply, please send your CV and cover note to: Bronte@scandikitchen.co.uk.