Jr Border Process Administrator
KGH Customs Services
KGH Customs Services is seeking to employ a Jr Border Process Administrator to its offices in Manchester.
If you enjoy working in an international environment with passionate and highly competent colleagues and want to make an impact within a dynamic organization, then KGH Customs Services is a good match for you. Established in 1963, KGH has grown to become the largest independent European provider of international trade and customs solutions and services. Today, we offer a comprehensive range of innovative solutions and services to over 28,000 customers each year across Europe. We are more than 750 colleagues operating in 13 countries. Our business model and customer offering addresses strategy and compliance, operations and digitalisation opportunities. This breadth and depth of capabilities and geographical coverage make us unique compared to competition.
What we can offer you
We are a small team that is growing fast! With less than 2 years operating in UK we are ready to expand to be able to meet the increased demand for our services. We are looking for someone that enjoys a busy environment and can add to the buzz and energy in our office.
KGH is leading the development of competence, and digitalisation within customs and trade in Europe. This means that starting as a CPA your role and competence will develop and become more complex and rewarding over time as our services and organisation grows to become more collaborative with our clients.
KGH is shaping the future of trade and customs and will give you more value and development in your daily work.
The Junior Customs Process Administrator (JrCPA) is responsible within a team to coordinate and organise the full range of customs services, starting with order acceptance, registering the order, collecting all relevant documents until the release of goods and customs clearance.
The Jr CPA will receive extensive internal and external training as well as an online training for customs legislation and foreign trade, as well as daily support.
This position is based in our office in Manchester and will be reporting to Team Leader and/or Operations Manager
Main tasks and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Order acceptance
- Check and management of every relevant customs and foreign trade document
- Data administration and validation
- Tariff classification
- Registration of customs declarations in different procedures (simplified and standard)
- Communication with customs authorities HMRC and forwarding of necessary documents
- Forwarding of customs release messages
- Securing the correct invoicing of the performed orders
- Archiving of relevant documents
- Ensure that the work process is within the given time frame
Knowledge/ Skills/ Profile
To be a good match for this role you will ideally have an education within the fields of trade, logistics, supply chain, international management or other related area. It is beneficial if you have experience working in a logistics company or customs department as well as having a genuine interest in customs matters and foreign trade.
We also expect all our employees to have good IT knowledge (customs broker software/ Office as Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Conscientious and sensible contact with customers
- Good level of self-organization
- Ability to work proactively and structured with focus on reaching set business goals
- Good communication skills and good standard of spoken and written English
- Consistently demonstrating a strong work ethic